Monday, March 22, 2010

March Madness!

Here are some photos of our road trip to Spokane to watch some March Madness. The first set is Drew on the bridge at the waterfront.










I talked him off of the bridge when he found out Notre Dame choked.




















































Drew giving a high five to one of the weird statues outside Spokane Arena. It took all of my restraint not to make obscene gestures to the statues.


























We had great seats thanks to our friend Zap.





























Here are the Spartans before their first round game. I kept yelling "We are Sparta" from the movie 300. Nobody got it. I was the only one who thought it was funny. I kept Sparty away from Drew for obvious reasons.






Pete, Purdue's mascot was great. He was happy to take photos with Drew. I'm pretty sure he had a few boilermakers in him by then (Pete, not Drew).








Here is Purdue giving Drew some 5's before the game. I think every team that gave Drew high 5's won. I'm just saying, Karma is a bitch if you won't give a kid a high 5.














Drew took the final photo on the way home. The rainbow was literally right over us. I was pretty upset that it did not lead to a pot of gold, although it did lead to a spicy beef burrito at a gas station in The Dalles, so it wasn't a total loss.

All in all, we had a great time. The first Father-Son road trip went down as a great success.

1 comment:

The Moores said...

Jim, I'm so impressed that you blogged about your trip - your comments kept making me laugh. It sounds like you guys had a great time. I'm sure that Drew will always remember what a special time that he got to have with you. You are such a great dad!