Sunday, May 15, 2011

Disneyland

Disneyland truly is the "Happiest Place on Earth." We had such an amazing time. We are all exhausted. I am so glad we have had Sunday to recover.
It is amazing the difference a few years makes. Maggie was a maniac on all the rides. Both kids hated Autotopia and we thought Pirates of the Caribbean was pretty boring. Drew had to go on Autotopia by himself and he was having such a hard time pushing down the pedal. He was exhausted by the time it was over. Some of our favorite rides were Matterhorn, Big Thunder Mountain, and of course California Screamin'. Still can't believe I went on that ride!! I was so nervous, but if the kids could do it so could I!! We all loved it!!
The kids loved swimming at the pool. The weather on Thursday and Friday was beautiful. Sunny with a temp of 75/73. We stayed at the pool for about 2 hours each day. I loved watching them go down the slide and play games with each other. They really get along so well which makes life so much easier. I was able to enjoy a beer and just relax.
Saturday was another day filled with rides. We had early entry into Disneyland which was wonderful. We were able to get in at 7am. Jim and Drew went on Space Mountain and Maggie and I went on the Matterhorn. The boys met up with us at Matterhorn so they could ride it too. I think I went on that ride about 5 times in a row. It is so nice when there are no lines!! Our plane home was delayed by about 1 1/2 hours so we did not get home until 11:30pm. Everyone was exhausted!! The best part of the trip for me was the special time spent as a family. We created so many memories that will last forever. Drew and Maggie also held my hand which they NEVER do anymore. I didn't even have to ask. They would just grab my hand and it felt like they were little again. It is amazing how quickly time is going by and how much they have grown up.
















































1 comment:

Kate Harpster said...

Love love the pics......but I REALLY love the narrative! SO unlike you :) I can't wait to copy you with Jack and Elie someday.....